August is looking like a flurry of activities in and around Mammoth Lakes! From young to old, there is something planned for every age group that you can image.
Looking ahead…Shakespeare in the Woods featuring “The Two Gentleman of Verona,” begins Aug. 6, the Mammoth Margarita Festival is Aug. 8/9, the Mammoth Wine Walk is Aug. 15, and Mammoth Rocks is Aug. 21/22.
Recreation News…Improve your strokes with Tennis Pro Kyle Osland every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon at the Community Tennis Courts on Forest Trail. Purchase a $65 Punch/Private Pass that includes 5 x 2-hour Drop-in Tennis Sessions plus a 15-minute private with the pro. Can’t beat that for value!
Summer camps are filling up fast – register online for the following signature youth summer camps this August:
• Aug. 3 – Youth Climbing Camp + Mini Camp
• Aug. 3 – Husky Prep Tennis Camp
• Aug. 5 – Wave Rave Concrete Kommandos
• Aug. 10 – Youtheatre – Cinderella (5-10 yr. olds)/ Grease (11+)
• Aug. 10 – Wilderness Camp and Mini Camp
• Aug. 10 – Husky Prep Tennis Camp
• Aug. 10 – Tetra Brazil Advanced Soccer Camp
• Aug. 17 – Advanced Youth Climbing Camp
The Whitmore Pool is the home of the Mammoth Sharks and is open daily for recreation swimming, lap swim and swim lessons. The facility offers six lanes (25m), hot showers, Free Wi-Fi and shade. Register your child in our Swim School – sessions are offered Monday-Friday. Call the pool at (760) 935-4222 for a complete schedule. Midweek transit service to the Whitmore Pool/Track is only $2.00 roundtrip with purchase of a $10 ten-ride pass.
Town Meetings…The next regular meeting of the Recreation Commission (review agenda) is August 4, 2015 in Suite Z at 9:00am.
- August 7-8 Mammoth Margarita Fest
Celebrate fine food, music and tequila at the Mammoth Margarita Fest. Sip and enjoy your summer at the margarita bars serving skinnies, blends, peach, mango, strawberry, monster, Mammoth, jalapeno sting and more! Free musical guests on Friday and Saturday including salsa, flamenco, latin jazz and rock. From 3-7 pm on Saturday the tequila tasting includes 15+ tequila companies and 40+ vintages to sip and mix. Tasting tickets to go on sale by end of April in a special advance online offer.
- Web site: www.mammothmargaritafestival.com/MMF_Home_2015/HOME.html
- August 8 Mammoth Lakes Quake and Shake 10k and Half Marathon
- August 14-16 Mammoth Wine Weekend
- A weekend of wining and dining with exclusive Winemaker Dinners at two of Mammoth’s premiere restaurants, a Wine Walk in The Village featuring 20+ wineries pouring over 45 vintages and a Sunday Champagne Brunch at Campo Mammoth.
Web site: www.mammothmountain.com/winter/events/event-detail?url=mammoth-wine-weekend1&day=12&month=8&year=2015
- August 21-22 Mammoth Rocks – A Taste of the Sierra
Fine food, rock ‘n’ roll and High Sierra beauty.
Web site: www.mammothrocks.com/
- August 28-29 Mammoth Reggae Festival
Two days of free Reggae music at The Village at Mammoth.
Web site: www.villageatmammoth.com
More to come next week!